What does "Favorites" mean to 1password developers?

Options
password0462
password0462
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

To me at least, "Favorites" means passwords I use frequently, and I have marked them as "Favorites" to save time so I don't have to look through all my hundreds of login passwords--just my favorites to save time.

It is a time saving feature, at least that was how it used to be in previous versions because they were in alphabetical order.

Now, on my iphone on the 1password HOME page, I see "Favorites" a red star within an yellow circle. When I click it, it sure enough brings up all my favorites--SCRAMBLED AND NOT IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, SO YES, I HAVE TO **SCROLL **THROUGH 53 "FAVORITES" TO FIND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR--how is this saving me time???

On the home page, If i use the hour glass to search for FAVORITES--GUESS WHAT--HERE THEY ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER--GREAT--SHOWS A YELLOW STAR WITHOUT THE RED STAR INSIDE.
But, using this method from the home screen, requires the following: 1. touch the search magnifier, 2. Start typing "FAV" to bring up the yellow star "Favorites" (no red star inside) 3. touch this star to bring up favorites in alphabetical order...YES SIR, THIS METHOD REALLY A TIME SAVER----NOT!!!

COULD YOU PLEASE show favorites in alphabetical order when I select Favorites from the home page (red start within an yellow circle)? What does "Favorites" (yellow circle with red start inside) and "Favorites" (yellow star only) mean to 1password designers????? Can you make this anymore confusing?

I get the feeling the staff sits in cubicles and comes up with "innovative" things that totaly complicates the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @password0462

This work has largely been completed by development and is currently in beta. Keep an eye out for it — it should be coming to your devices soon. 🤞

(long press on the heading to access the sort options)

Ben

P.S. Fortunately, no cubicles here. 🙌

This discussion has been closed.