Autofill suggested password on Edge for Mac doesn't work

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The last few days the 1P8 Edge plug-in refuses to auto-fill suggested passwords on any website I try. For example, if I'm registering for a new site and the suggested password popup comes up in a field, I click on the suggested password but the web form field is NOT filled out. This only happens in Edge. If I switch to Safari on my Mac, the suggested password auto-fill works as expected. So far I have not seen auto-fill fail on existing logins.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.6
Extension Version: 2.4.5
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Edge 105.0.1343.42

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @TravelSD, could you try filling the suggested password on our test form at https://fill.dev/form/registration-email in Edge and let me know if it works for you?

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that worked.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TravelSD Hmm it is weird that filling the suggested password from our form works. Can you point me to a form where the suggested password is not filling for you?

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Literally every site it's broken. Here's an example on build.com. I can't even push the copy button and manually paste it into the build.com password field.

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

I know this may sound aggravating, but I have had instances where restarting the browser fixes this issue. It won't copy, either (using the copy button).

• Hey @TravelSD,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you try the steps below for a fresh install to see if it improves things:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Remove from Edge
    2. Install a fresh copy from here.
    3. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    4. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    5. Open and unlock 1Password and then open your browser and test to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.