Fill out Forms

Options
truin1password
truin1password
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi
I'd like to fill out automatically name and address in forms (not when opening a website). Since using 1password this doesn't work anymore.
Where can I activate this again to work like in chrome password manager?
Thanks for help

1Password Version: newest
Extension Version: newest
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• MightyT9
    MightyT9
    Community Member
    Options

I have same problem. Why won't it fill out name, address,etc?

• MightyT9
    MightyT9
    Community Member
    Options

I have an identity filled out with contact info. It won't fill out this info on web pages.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
    Extension Version: 2.3.8
    OS Version: Windows 11
    Browser:_ Chrome
    Referrer: forum-search:1password won't fill out name,address and other contact info. Why not and how do I fix it.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @truin1password, it sounds like you want Chrome to autofill your name and address on forms. By default, 1Password will control this setting in your browser. This is done because it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location.

Additionally, 1Password does a great job filling addresses. You can find out more about how 1Password fills addresses here.

That said, if you want to use your browser to fill your name and address, you can do the following:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more and turn on "Save and fill addresses".

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MightyT9, are you clicking to fill your Identity from the extension icon in your browser's toolbar? If not, can you try that on our test form https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple and let me know how things go?

• MightyT9
    MightyT9
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help, I think I can work it out from here. I have to admit using 1pw is pretty daunting, sometimes I wonder if it's worth the time learning how to use it but I think it is. I quess I just have to keep learning.

• steph.giles
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey @MightyT9,

Let us know if we can help in any way, we have lots of handy guides on our support website:

1Password Support

• tommythomps
    tommythomps
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having troubles getting my first, middle and last names to auto fill on the test form you linked above. This is the same behavior I'm getting on other sites as well both on a mac and windows machine. The address fills in fine.

• truin1password
    truin1password
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all your help. I'm still not able to fill in addresses and e-mails completely. Where I make a mistake?
    The description you find in the screen video

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello,
    I have three identities registered in 1Password.
    When I get to the page you are showing, I left-click on the 1PassWord icon, choose the identity I want, then click "Auto Fill" ("Fill automatically"). The fields are filling out correctly.

• tommythomps
    tommythomps
    Community Member
    Options

Does it fill out first and last name and phone number? Mine does not. I don't get the 1Password icon on those fields like I do for the address.

This discussion has been closed.