Outlook - 2-factor authentication code is not automatically inserted (Safari)

element
element
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,
when I want to check my email from Outlook (https://outlook.live.com/owa/ ) using the Safari browser and then log in, I am asked for the 2-factor authentication code. I have this set as default and want it to ask for it every time. Now the problem with Outlook is that the 2-factor authentication code is not automatically inserted. I have to copy this extra and then paste it.

Can you please fix this bug :)

My macOS, Safari and also 1Password are all up to date.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @element,

Sorry for the issue you are seeing filling your 2FA code on Outlook.

We have a known issue where if the URL changes, the 2FA code doesn’t autofill as we’d expect. Though, I’d like to confirm your exact flow before I can say for certain you’re running into this.

• Does autofilling the one-time password from the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar work if you click 'Autofill' next to the item?
    • Is the 2FA field on a page with a different URL compared to where you first started autofilling with 1Password?

ref: dev/core/core#2514

• element
    element
    Community Member

Hey @steph.giles

„Does autofilling the one-time password from the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar work if you click 'Autofill' next to the item?“

When I get to the field where it asks for the one-time password and then I click autofill, it works and it sets the one-time password. If I use Autofill already at the question for my e-mail address, only the e-mail and the password are entered as usual.

„Is the 2FA field on a page with a different URL compared to where you first started autofilling with 1Password?“

No, the main address is always: https://login.live.com/
    But when switching to the one-time password, the page is automatically reloaded.

• Hey @element,

Thank you for providing this information, I have passed it on to our development team for investigation.

I understand it isn't ideal but in the meantime I would suggest continuing to autofill from the pop up in your browser toolbar.

This discussion has been closed.