How can I allow both Chrome save passwords and 1Password?

Options

Until recently, I was able to use both Chrome's save password and 1Password. But for a while now, 1Password has taken over the setting so Chrome no longer prompts to remember passwords. It still works for previously saved passwords.

I want the automatic fill by Chrome, AND I want to save those in 1Password for when I'm on a new device or browser. How can I enable both?

Mac: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.6 (70906002) Mac App Store
Chrome extension 4.7.5.90

iPhone: 1Password 7 and 8

Windows: 1Password for Windows 8.8.0 80800203, on PRODUCTION channel
Chrome extension 4.7.5.90

Thanks.

--Franklin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:enable chrome save passwords

Comments

• Hey @fdavis99

From the information you have provided it sounds like you have the older classic version of 1Password in your browser installed. Before we go any further can you follow the below steps to install the latest version:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Remove form Chrome'
    2. Install a fresh copy from here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

By default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. We recommend using 1Password to save and fill all your information, it’s often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location. However, if you would like to enable Chrome alongside 1Password here's how:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill and enable what you would like it to fill.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.