Bug? Logging in with windows hello "presses" my right shift key

Options
Motostar
Motostar
Community Member

Every time I open the prompt to login to the desktop client using windows hello, my right shift key is "pressed" once. I found this because I have a hotkey with discord where the right shift key will deafen me. Disabling the hotkey fixes this but I don't want this to be the permanent solution.
The point this is happening is immediately after the windows "enter pin" prompt displays. This might just be a windows problem, but I haven't seen this happen with any other software that opens that prompt.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:right shift

Comments

• Hello @Motostar,

Thanks for your message! I understand that this press of the right shift key takes place when the Windows Hello/Windows Security prompt appears to enter your PIN. 1Password hands off the duty of unlocking to Windows through the Windows Hello prompt. This is not something we control.

Since you mentioned that disabling this hotkey helps, it seems to be a conflict there with Windows Hello and I would suggest checking for any available updates and reporting this behaviour to Microsoft and Discord.

If you have any other questions or concerns about 1Password, please let us know and we'd be happy to help!

• Motostar
    Motostar
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

• You're most welcome, @Motostar!

This discussion has been closed.