Why is 1P 7 licensed version locking when my Mac sleeps?

Options
VT1P
VT1P
Community Member

I have my Mac set to require a user password every time the computer sleeps, but I want my 1P 7 licensed version to remain unlocked so I can use it w/o entering my master password every time I come back to my sleeping computer.

All the boxes in my 1P 7 Auto Lock preferences are unchecked, but 1P 7 is locking every time the computer sleeps.

Am I missing a setting someplace in my 1P 7 preferences or in my computer preferences?

1Password Version: Licensed
Extension Version: 7.9.6
OS Version: macOS 11.7
Browser:_ Safari 16.0

Comments

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

PS Although I have currently unchecked all the Auto-Lock boxes, in a previous experiment to solve my problem I set the "Lock after computer is idle for" setting to 2000 minutes. 1P 7 still locked when the computer slept overnight.

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

PPS On another (1P 8) thread, I see people have the problem even if they check "Never" for the "after idle" setting. However, my 1P 7 licensed version does not have a "Never" option, so I have to set a number of minutes. I also note another poster said the problem happens on their iMac but not another Mac. That is my case also - I am only noting this problem on my 2019 Intel iMac.

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved for now! I rebooted my iMac.

Rebooting my iMac may have completed a recent MacOS and/or Safari and/or 1P7 update that was "hanging" in my computer.

Who knows? It's a mystery to me, but this morning my 1P 7 installation was still unlocked when I opened my sleeping iMac.

• Hi @VT1P, thanks for these updates, I'm glad to hear a reboot has done the trick!

If the behaviour resurfaces or you notice anything else, let us know, we're here to help. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.