Does 1Password provide a 14 day period (like Dashlane) for not having to enter master PW?

Options
ClinicDoc
ClinicDoc
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Windows

I'm having to re-enter my master password multiple times a day. Dashlane had a setting useful for a physically secure desktop computer like mind to re-enter the masater password only every 14 days. Available in 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password provide a 14 day period (like Dashlane) for not having to enter master PW?

Comments

• Hi @ClinicDoc

If you're using Windows Hello, you can have 1Password require your account password every 14 days, every 30 days, or never. Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the menu near the top-left corner, then Settings..., or press Ctrl + , instead.
    3. Change the "Require password" setting to your preference.

If you haven't yet turned on Windows Hello for 1Password, you can do so by following the steps shown here: Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC.

Let me know how you get on. If you need any help, we'll be here. :)

— Grey

• ClinicDoc
    ClinicDoc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Grey. I can unlock 1Password on my Win 11 PC with the PIN (no access now to facial recognition or fingerprint), but that only gives me 1Password on the PC.... and I haven't found a "fill and go" on the desktop version.

Re. the browser, where everything useful happens, the shortcut (e.g., CRTL-Shift-X) is greyed out, and 1Password says - as I understand it - I can NEVER (...ever, ever) open the Chrome browser without entering my master password. Did I miss something? I think this is right where I started.
    -Mark

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    In the 1Password program, in Settings > Browsers, have you checked Login with 1Password in the browser?

Sorry, I have the French version of 1Password.

• Hi @ClinicDoc - thanks for your reply!

I can unlock 1Password on my Win 11 PC with the PIN (no access now to facial recognition or fingerprint), but that only gives me 1Password on the PC.... and I haven't found a "fill and go" on the desktop version.

Following @Ekalb's advice (thanks) from the 1Password 8 desktop app Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Browsers, does clicking a website URL of an item to Open and Fill work for you?

With regard to 1Password in the browser, can you also ensure the following setting is enabled:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General heading, enable Integrate with 1Password app.

This setting will allow 1Password in the browser to call to the desktop app and to unlock with Windows Hello. Please let us know if you continue to see issues here with 1Password in the browser still requiring your account password. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.