Ubuntu quick access autofill shortcut not available

Options
leofonseca
leofonseca
Community Member

Despite the keyboard shortcut is set in 1Password settings (defautl: ctrl+shift+enter), when using quick access it doesn't work. There is no autofill action listed on quick access as well, as occurs in windows and mac OSes

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ubuntu autofill

Comments

• Hey @leofonseca, thanks for reaching out. To clarify, are you referring to the keyboard shortcut to open Quick Access or the Autofill shortcut in your 1Password settings?

I'll be happy to assist further once I get a better understanding of the issue you're encountering. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ali

• leofonseca
    leofonseca
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, thank you for your tempestive reply. I'll try to explain better:
    When I'm using an app (not a browser) and I need to fill user and password, I press ctrl+shift+space to invoke quick access. This first step works well. The thing is, I can´t use autofill from quick access as I do in windows or mac os.

• Hey @leofonseca, thanks for clarifying further. It sounds like you're referring to the Universal Autofill feature which is currently only on 1Password for Mac. For Windows and Linux devices, we recommend using Quick Access to copy and paste your username and password into apps.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Ali

• leofonseca
    leofonseca
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I could swear that I used it on Windows, lol. Thanks again for the information.
    I don't mean to bother, but if I may, now I have another questions since you used the term "Universal" on your answer:
    Is there a non-universal autofill?
    Why que 1P for Windows and Linux have the Quick Access shortcut setting available to the user?

Edit: now I see some information available at the links you shared, but I have to say, some of those features may be hidden for most users, I think. You could improve affordance and signifiers (as marked by Donald Norman) to deliver a better experience to the them.

• AliH1P
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey @leofonseca, thanks for your feedback. I can certainly understand where you're coming from here and will pass your feedback along to the appropriate team. Although Quick Access in 1Password for Windows and Linux doesn't have Universal Auto-fill, it's still helpful for filling details in apps. I'm glad the provided links helped you find this information 😄

Ali

This discussion has been closed.