1Password 8 doesn't support pin code unlock/entry? Unacceptable.

Options
blackgammon
blackgammon
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

1Password 7 and prior versions offered the ability to unlock app credentials via a pin-code. I prefer to have a choice in whether to use biometrics or not and I am not going to start just for 1Password. I hope this is reinstated soon as I am sure I will get tired of entering my full password everytime I want to enter an app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 doesn't support pin code unlock/entry? Unacceptable.

Comments

• Hi @blackgammon, bringing back use of a PIN has been widely requested, and I've shared your feedback with the team. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you!

• blackgammon
    blackgammon
    Community Member
    Options

When will the implementation of pre-existing pin code to unlock take place?

• @blackgammon

Thank you for following up. I don't have any ETAs to share on when, or if, PIN code unlock will be added to 1Password 8 but I can confirm that my colleague Mallory has shared your request with our product team. 🙂

-Dave

• blackgammon
    blackgammon
    Community Member
    Options

Don't know if?... I'll start shopping for a new password manager.

• @blackgammon

I'm sorry to hear that you might be leaving 1Password but I'm happy that you're planning to continue using a password manager to protect your sensitive items. Please stay safe out there.

-Dave

• ptewari
    ptewari
    Community Member
    Options

I request everyone to give 1 star in aap store to 1 password till they fix this . Maybe then they will prioritize this

This discussion has been closed.