Why is 1password harassing me?

Options
Narcostic
Narcostic
Community Member

Can 1Password stop harassing me about upgrading my standalone to membership of version 8 while im typing in my Master Password on google chrome after doing right click and selecting 1Password on a webpage? Please stop interrupting me during that process... I can't afford those monthly prices unless you go for a regional pricing.... so I click dismiss etc.. every time for the last 3 days but please stop that torture... please...

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Crhome

Comments

• Narcostic
    Narcostic
    Community Member
    Options

Btw, this interruption happens once i reboot my PC. A popup window interrupts my keyboard while im typing in the master password. That's way too aggressive and disrespectful way of doing promotion. This is the first time I've seen your company behaving like this.

• NoVACustomer
    NoVACustomer
    Community Member
    Options

This is exactly why I decided to visit the forums today. Initiating a popup while a user is in the process of entering their master password, which is probably a long string of characters, is about as disrespectful as an application can be. Stealing focus when an important user goal is trying to be reached. A violation of fundamental UX. Who thought this was a good idea?

Please be respectful of our time and priorities. I'm often trying to reach my passwords in the heat of the moment, before an important meeting or event. Every minute counts. The frustration when I've completed typing in my master password only to find out NOTHING was entered because your rude popup stole keyboard focus. How do you think that makes us users feel?

1Password, you can do better than this.

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Agree with all of the above. If I want to upgrade I will.

I'm comfortable with my current stand alone license thankyou.

• Hi @Narcostic, @NoVACustomer, and @Unsafenow! I understand that the upgrade bulletin has been appearing repeatedly, even after being dismissed, and is very intrusive while trying to unlock 1Password. We do apologize for the disruption this has caused to your workflow.

I wanted to provide a link to a forum post here that explains our reasoning behind adding bulletins like this.

If this bulletin continues to appear, it may be due to the way it's being closed - clicking the x will only dismiss it, whereas using the Cancel button should prevent it from returning. Additionally, we have an open feature request with our Product team to review the behaviour of the bulletin and look into making improvements, and I have added your feedback there. Thanks so much for taking the time to write in about this!

ref: IDEA-I-1690

• NoVACustomer
    NoVACustomer
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem No. The topic is where the popup is appearing, not why the popup is appearing. The complaint is that the popup interferes with master password entry. The forum post you linked doesn't address that so I'm not sure why you linked it.

• Hi @NoVACustomer, folks,

I'm sorry for the continued disturbance to your workflow when attempting to enter your master password. I've only been able to reproduce this issue when dismissing the bulletin with the X. If you instead click the Cancel button, does this bulletin continue to appear when completely exiting 1Password 7 for Windows or after rebooting your device? If so, we'd be happy to pass these details along to the team for investigation.

As Gem mentioned, she's provided your feedback to the product team and they are continuing to look into making improvements with these bulletins.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.