Business Account Gets Locked

Options
mitchr
mitchr
Community Member

With the latest release, my business account is getting locked independently of my personal account. I.e. when I open 1P while it is unlocked, the business account is locked. Can I change this? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mitchr,

Thanks for your message. 1Password 8 works differently from version 7 where once an account was unlocked, multiple accounts would unlock when a single account password was entered. In 1Password 8, if you are using different account passwords for each account, they will need to be unlocked separately. You can read more here about how to use multiple accounts

If you'd like to change this behaviour, we suggest using the same account password for each account. While password reuse is usually a bad practice, 1Password accounts work differently than your other accounts and our Principle Security Architect wrote a detailed explanation here if you are interested in looking more into this: Two accounts - now needs two different passwords every time you login? — 1Password Support Community.

I hope this helps but if you have further questions, please let us know!

• mitchr
    mitchr
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. FWIW I understand the logic, but IMO it is a terrible practice to use the same pwd for multiple accounts. I would never recommend that.
    Unlocking all the accounts in a single instance of the app on a single device? I don't see the increased risk. Some of us are geeks and some aren't. Speaking as one, I appreciate having options to accommodate efficiency. The benefit to you is I give you feedback on the forum and I recommend software to the non-geeks in my circles. 2 cents. 1P is a great app.

• Hello again @mitchr,

Happy holidays! It's great to hear back from you! We're always interested in learning from our customers and where possible, we will continue to look into making improvements or provide additional options to help the efficiency of signing into multiple accounts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.