Trying to use 1Password8 with an iphone app that does not have a website

Options
LizE
LizE
Community Member

Hi - I'm new to 1Password so there may be an obvious answer to this. I have an iphone app called DINR. I created a login in 1Password on my desktop even though there is no website (so the entry has a username and password but no website). When I open the app and click in the email field (and then click the password "key" and open 1Password), 1Password says there are no suggestions so I search for DINR and find the info and click open and fill. IPassword does indeed fill in the user name and password but it does not associate the DINR 1Password info with the app so I have to search for the entry every time I open the app. Is this the intended behaviour?

1Password Version: 1Password8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to use 1Password8 with an iphone app that does not have a website

Comments

• Hi there @LizE

In short, yes. Apps need to specify an "Associated Domain" (such as twitter.com for the Twitter app, for example) for autofill to be able to suggest a Login.

If the "Suggestions For" header just says "Suggested Items" with no address, or "No Suggestions", then that tells us the app developers haven't set an Associated Domain, and you'll have to search for it each time, because neither iOS nor 1Password will know what to suggest. That would be something that only the app developers can fix, as it's part of how the app is written. In that case, I'd advise contacting them through the "App Support" link in their App Store listing to give them your feedback. Hope that clarifies things, but do let me know if you have any questions. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.