How do I reinstall version 7?

Options
barkerdp
barkerdp
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Version 8 has had too many problems. I deleted version 7 from applications without realizing I'd want to go back after using version 8. Eight doesn't integrate with the browser extension well enough. Version 8 wastes a lot of window space. I am glad that I only put version 8 out for one machine for one user. The rest of the family has not had to deal with this. I hope y'all get version 8 up to speed before dropping support for version 7. Until then, I will take a pass. I searched the support community for ways to work with version 8 and make it work for me. I sure wish I had spent time reading the support pages before upgrading.

Comments

• Hi there @barkerdp

Sorry to hear your experience with 1Password 8 hasn't been great so far.

Eight doesn't integrate with the browser extension well enough

Could you tell me a bit more about this? If you're using Safari, you'll need to install 1Password for Safari to allow 1Password to work in Safari. For other browsers, the same extensions you would have used in 1Password 7 are used in 1Password 8. You can download them here: Get started with 1Password in your browser.

Version 8 wastes a lot of window space

You can use the Compact view to reduce the whitespace used in 1Password 8.

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the 1Password menu (next to the  Apple menu) > Preferences...
    3. On the Appearance tab, choose Compact.

You can also reduce the Interface Zoom to make the text smaller if you like.

1Password 7 for Mac is now discontinued, since the release of 1Password 8 for Mac in May 2022, and will only ever receive critical security updates if needed. I'm keen to help you out with 1Password 8, so please let me know how we can help with it. You can still find the installer for 1Password 7 for Mac in the bottom right corner of our Downloads page if you need it. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• barkerdp
    barkerdp
    Community Member
    Options

I had used Compact before saying it takes up more room than 1Password 7. I did have the browser extension installed for version 8. The browser extension doesn't always unlock when I unlock the application. The extension seems to be confused because I always, that is -- always, use private browsing. Sometimes when the extension was locked, the only way to get it unlocked was to close Safari and reopen the Safari. Why does the extension have to have so many web sites enabled? A lot of them seem to be devoted to developer sites, beta sites, etc. and I do not do development or use any betas. I was able to reinstall version 7. Thank you. I do hope that version 8 gets better. The preferences in the app do not match the settings in the browser extension. They are not fully integrated.

This discussion has been closed.