Remember own settings for each webseite?

Puschel
Puschel
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I use the maximum password length of 100 characters and symbols and digits on most websites.

Unfortunately, there are still some websites that do not allow passwords with 100 characters or with symbols or digits.
That's why I use 1Password to create a password with 20 characters, for example, and then again with 100 characters for other websites.

1Password remembers the last setting - e.g. 100 characters.
If I now want to change a password on a website that only allows 20 characters - it will of course go wrong.

Would it be possible to remember the setting for each website - i.e. the length, symbols and digits?

thanks

Martin

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Puschel,

By default the password generator is set to 'Smart Passwords' which means 1Password will try to meet the requirements of the website you are on.

You can change the suggested password specifications within the Password Generator:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar
    2. Click on the round settings menu and then choose Password Generator.

Within here you can use the toggle to set it to be the 'Default for Suggestions'. 1Password will then remember this.

I hope this helps!

• Puschel
    Puschel
    Community Member

Hello,

but if I change the settings, does that apply to all new passwords on all websites from now on?
    It would be ideal if 1password could remember the different settings for each individual website.

Thanks

Martin

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey Martin! ( @Puschel )

Thanks for the follow up. 🙂

Currently, it isn't possible to have the settings saved for each individual website. Though, I can understand how that would be useful in the scenario you've outlined. I've gone ahead and created an internal feature request about this to have our Product team take a look when considering future improvements.

Thanks for your continued support of 1Password, and let us know if we can assist further with anything!

This discussion has been closed.