1P 8.9.5 WINDOWS - "Personal" vault vs. "Private" vault ?

shale999
shale999
Community Member

We recently installed 1P 8.9.5 for some brand new team members. We no longer see the default "Personal" vault, but see a "Private" vault for their installations. Is this the basically same thing ? Is the "Personal" vault a holdover from previous versions ? Thank you, Scott.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Any

Comments

• Hey there @shale999

The only difference between Personal and Private vaults is the type of 1Password account in use. Individual accounts start off with a Personal vault, whereas family and team accounts give each member a Private vault. Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• shale999
    shale999
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification !

• @GreyM1P – You're welcome! :)

• jensfrandsen
    jensfrandsen
    Community Member

We have a business account and I am seeing a "Private" vault and a "Personal" vault.

Is the Personal Vault still belong to me if I leave the company?
    Or are they really both part of the business account?

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jensfrandsen

While technically they are "owned" by the business, they do not have any access to these vaults. If you were to leave the company you would lose access to these vaults but the owners of the business would not be able to access the information in them either. We would recommend export your data out of your personal/private vaults before leaving the company as we are not able to grant you access if you were to lose it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.