Safari extension missing after upgrading 1Password 8

RabbitMoon
RabbitMoon
Community Member

Hi experts, I upgraded 1Password to 8 from 7 and tried to access Safari, but 1Password extension no longer exists. I tried /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app and Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension but both did not work. My Mac does not allow to use App Store. Can anyone help to resolve the issue? Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari 16.0

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022

Hi @RabbitMoon

Safari extensions are only allowed to be distributed through the App Store, but extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave can be installed directly. You can find links to all of those here:

Get started with 1Password in your browser

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• RabbitMoon
    RabbitMoon
    Community Member

Thank you Grey. It looks like I have to be back to 7 again because the company laptop does not allow me to use Apple ID so it does not work for installing 1Password on App Store :(

• @RabbitMoon

Thanks for getting back to me. It would be great if our customers could download 1Password for Safari directly from us, but sadly that's not the case.

If you would like to be able to use 1Password 8 in the browser, you can do so with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave.

• RabbitMoon
    RabbitMoon
    Community Member

Thanks Grey. Edge also has the same issue on the link you provided. I tried Chrome but the version looks out of sync. The 1Password8 in local does not refresh latest information with Chrome extension. I were wondering if I completely have to be back to 7 so that all may works. Any idea?

• @RabbitMoon

Both the main 1Password app and 1Password in the browser should show the same items as long as they can both talk to 1Password.com. If you have a VPN or a proxy turned on, try temporarily turning that off. Restart your computer if that doesn't help.

If you're still having trouble, send the team an email at support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and you'll get an automatic reply from BitBot with a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll make sure your message ends up in the right place.

• RabbitMoon
    RabbitMoon
    Community Member

Thank you Grey. I will let them know when I encounter the issue next time. It seems to sync data after a period of time.

• @RabbitMoon

Keep an eye on things and send us that diagnostics report if you run into any trouble so that we can take a look and help you out. :)

This discussion has been closed.