Possible to set a vault as "no sync" (1pass web view only)?

Options

I'm the admin. I have several backups of employee vaults that I'd like to keep, but I can't figure out a way to keep them from syncing and coming up in searches.

Ideally I'd like if from the web interface, I could just toggle the vault to not sync. But barring that, I'd like for search to be strictly limited to my vault collection (which has these vaults deselected).

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:Hide Vault

Comments

• Hi @chrisrosa,

Just to confirm, would you like to keep certain shared vaults accessible for future use but hidden from your view (and search results) on the 1Password.com web interface?

If you're the account owner, you can revoke your access to a shared vault and then it won't appear in the "All Vaults" view on 1Password.com or in the 1Password apps and extension. Account owners have the "manage vault" permission toggled for every shared vault, allowing them to reassign access to vaults from the Vaults page on 1Password.com.

Let me know if you're referring to something else when you mention "backups of employee vaults" or if I've misunderstood what you'd like to accomplish. 👍

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Yes exactly. I considered taking this approach, but wasn't sure what would happen when I took away my own access. So as long as "Allow Managing" is still toggled, it will appear for me in the web UI? This makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Edit: Also TIL there' s a difference between the top level vault view, and the Vault menu on the far right.

• So as long as "Allow Managing" is still toggled, it will appear for me in the web UI? This makes a lot of sense.

Absolutely - it will be still be visible on the web via the "Vaults" option in the administrative sidebar, but it won't appear in the 1Password apps, extension, or the Home page vault view on 1Password.com. "Allow Viewing" is needed to actually view and access the vaults outside of the "Vaults" view on 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.