same credentials for two sites

Sometimes companies are being acquired and the associated user data consolidated.
For example, this is the case with HP and Aruba. Previously these were two companies, now as a business partner you have one user ID that you need to access the Aruba and HP websites.
How do I configure an entry in 1Password so that it is proposed for both websites?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:one password for two sites

Comments

• Hey there @ryder_hook

You can add another website to a Login item and it'll be suggested for autofill on either website. Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Find the item and click Edit.
    3. Below the existing website, click "+ add another website".
    4. Enter the other website and click Save.

Then, you'll see two websites listed on that item and you'll be able to use that item on either of those websites. Give that a go and let me know how it goes. If you need any help or have any questions, let me know. :)

— Grey

• ryder_hook
    ryder_hook
    Community Member

Yes, this works, only "open and insert" make no sense anymore.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    ryder

• @ryder_hook

When you say "open and fill" makes no sense, can you tell me a bit more about that? Clicking either of the links in the item will open theat website and autofill your details. Could you tell me what steps you're taking so that I can follow along and see what's happening? I look forward to hearing from you.

• ryder_hook
    ryder_hook
    Community Member

Frist, there are two ways where the button "open and fill" appears. I mean the one, when you search in the chrome extension for an item in my safe. Then the button appears on the item title (I hope this describes what I mean). When you now use the button it opens the first entry of the two websites. My expectation was that 1Password asks which entry to use.
    Second, when I use two sites in the 1Password item the opening of the website works, but not the fill. When I remove one website entry in the 1password item then the fill works fine.

• Hi @ryder_hook! Grey asked if I could take a look at this.

When you now use the button it opens the first entry of the two websites. My expectation was that 1Password asks which entry to use.

This makes total sense and is definitely something we could consider. At the moment, opening the first site is the expected behaviour, but that doesn't mean we can't change it in the future. It would of course require some new dialogs so it's something we would need to give some thought.

Second, when I use two sites in the 1Password item the opening of the website works, but not the fill.

Hmm, this doesn't match my expectation or what I see on my end. Are you able to share some steps to reproduce including the URLs you're trying?

• ryder_hook
    ryder_hook
    Community Member

Hmm, this doesn't match my expectation or what I see on my end. Are you able to share some steps to reproduce including the URLs you're trying?

The steps are easy, I use the Chrome Browser on macOS and I search for the item title, then I highlight the second url and click von "open and fill". The website opens in a new tab, but the fields for username and password stay empty. When I duplicate the item in 1password and remove the first website url entry. It works with open the page and automatic filling the fields.
    url: https://customer.bmwgroup.com/oneid/#/login?client=mybmwsf&state=de_DE-BMW-mybmwsfweb&brand=bmw&country=DE&language=de&scope=authenticate_user&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https://meinfs.bmw.de/external-dispatch.html

This discussion has been closed.