IOS 1PW8 add account 2fa can’t switch to other app

Options
ecoboff
ecoboff
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

When I’m trying to add a second account, after entering my password it requires me to provide the verification code. My verification codes are in another app so I switch to that app, copy the code (or remember it) and switch back to 1PW.
When I come back, the page is stuck. The popover for the verification code input is no longer shown and I have to kill the app to use it again.
Because the authentication codes are only on my phone, this makes it impossible to setup this second account.
I’ve tried being really quick to get to the verification screen too but the password confirmation step takes a good few seconds before the 2fa option comes up.

There are quite a few other screens that have popovers disappear when you switch away and back into 1password, so probably something broken with they way those layouts work.

Couldn’t see another topic posted on this

Comments

• @ecoboff

Try checking the other app for the code (memorize it?) just prior to needing to input the code in 1Password. The switch away to another app is likely what the trouble is. Are you using 1Password 7 or 8?

• ecoboff
    ecoboff
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I’m using 1PW8, don’t remember having this problem on 7.
    The issue with trying to view the code first is it takes too long to go through the steps of adding the account again, entering the password and waiting for the 2fa prompt. It rejects it because it’s already changed

This discussion has been closed.