My Windows desktop and chrome 1password data do not appear to be synching as I expected

break80
break80
Community Member

I just changed the name of two logins and changed my favorites list. However in Chrome neither have synched up. I closed and reopened Chrome and I closed 1Password and reopened. No change. Not synched. I actually expected them to synch immediately since my understanding is the data resides in the cloud and therefore each version should be accessing the same data. If I am wrong, when do they synch?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to synch desktop and chrome 1password database

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member

Hello,
    If you are using your browser (Chrome) in a sandbox, synchronization will not occur.
    Is this your case?

• Hi @break80,

With a 1Password account any changes you make in one of the apps should sync automatically. Since you're seeing some differences, we'll definitely need to investigate.

When you sign in to your account on 1Password.com, do you see a complete and up-to-date set of your data there?

To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

• break80
    break80
    Community Member

I have sent the diagnostic report

• break80
    break80
    Community Member

Since I do not know what a sandbox is in 1Password, please tell me how to determine this so I can check.

• Hi @break80,

I've just sent out a reply to your email.

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

ref: KSH-25147-553

• break80
    break80
    Community Member

Franky01P, You asked me to do several things. Have not had time to do so yet but will soon

• Hi @break80,

No worries, once you've had a chance to try out the steps Franky provided, please reply to the email so we can continue to troubleshoot as needed. Thanks!

• break80
    break80
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Before doing all the work suggested, I decided to check again whether or not my 1P's are still NOT synching. I created a dummy login...it immediately synched to all 1P devices. I then renamed the item and added it to my favorites. That immediately synched to all 1P devices. So currently I do not have the problem. It fixed itself somehow.

• Hello @break80 - Thanks so much for letting us know. I'm glad to hear everything is working as expected again! Should you run into future troubles, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.