How to 'hide' Private account

We're new to the Family Shared web account. We successfully copied everything from one of our Private vaults to the Shared vault and both of us can access it. When we open 1P, however the Private still shows, along with the Shared. This is confusing. When we search, we get duplicates appearing from both Vaults and when we select one, we don't know which vault it's coming from. In 1P v7 single user, I think I was able to 'hide' the Private account which avoided this confusion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared account how to prevent Private vault from showing

Comments

• @David Morganstein

If all of your data is in the Shared vault you'll likely want to clean out the Private vault. It's best to have the data only living in one location. Sounds like you want that to be the Shared vault. There is no way to hide a vault. If you are using 1Password 8 the closest you can come is using a collection. However, that will not stop you from seeing data in other locations while filling. Correct in 1Password 7 you could effectively hide a vault. One of the main reasons to use one vault and not have multiple copies is just what you experienced. Reversing the situation you'll notice the other and that's which one got updated. Being someone who has tried every flavor of sharing over the years I really think you're looking to keep one set of data in a single vault vs two. Sure you can continue to keep private data in the Private folder.

You can think of it like this.

Private vault = Things only you need. Xmas shopping list, log to some place you use and you other members do not. In general things they do not need access to.
    Shared vault = Netflix, utility companies, etc.,

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• I see you've emailed us. Please continue the discussion there to prevent duplication of efforts.

This discussion has been closed.