I cannot log into my 1password account from a Mac running Sierra. The password works elsewhere fine

glump
glump
Community Member

I have 1password 6.8.9 running on my mac with Sierra. This is the latest operating system supported by my mac. It also seems the right version of 1password for this operating system. However, when I try to log into my 1password account, I get the error "we were unable to verify your credentials. Please make sure your username, password and Secret key are all correct."

I have tried a lot of different things:
- reinstalled 1password
- clean reinstall of 1password (including removing all the relevant files from ~/Library)
- install 1passsword 7 (same error)
- switched wifi networks (in case it was some sort of dns or other network problem)

I am also unable to log into my.1password.com from the browser (Safari and Chrome) -- which was surprising to me.

I am using the correct information. I have been able to log in on other computers.

Is there a limitation due to Mac Sierra? I've been pulling my hair out because I am quite sure that I'm doign everything correct on the Sierra machine, but I just get the same error regardless of how I try to log in.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot log in

Comments

• @glump

My suspicion is you are at the end of life for the OS. Just a thought from one user to another. Apple no longer supports 10.12.x and 10.13.x too. The browser may not be up to todays standards for encryption. I would recommend you talk with my email colleagues. We're not in a position here to access account details and logs.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

This discussion has been closed.