In 1Password for Mac, is there a way to see when a password was last used?

MatthewWF
MatthewWF
Community Member

I would like to see when I last used a password. There is no option in the sorting menu for that, though it appears there used to be (circa 2015). Is there any other way to find that out?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:In 1Password for Mac, is there a way to see when a password was last used?

Comments

• @MatthewWF

Are you talking about viewing password history? If so, yes.

• @MatthewWF

If you're looking for something different try Watchtower. If you've used the password before it may show up in the reused section.

• MatthewWF
    MatthewWF
    Community Member

I only see the first two items in the dropdown menu ("Reveal" and "Show in Large Type")

• Thanks for your reply, @MatthewWF!

Password history will only appear in the app if that specific password field has been modified before. If you're looking for a broader item history, you can find that on 1Password.com:

To clarify though, this is for editing history, in other words when you make changes to an existing item. If you're looking for when an item was last used, you can use the Recently Used option on the sorting menu:

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• MatthewWF
    MatthewWF
    Community Member

Thanks. I was looking for more specific information in the latter, such as the last time the Chrome extension was used to help me log in to a specific website (i.e., more specific info than "Today" or "This Week" in the Recently Used view). It doesn't appear possible, but I appreciate the help.

• On behalf of Andrew, you're welcome.

I don't often work with the business side of things but something like this may be possible with our business offerings. Sorry I can't be specific I just don't know enough about the specifics for that area. If you're interested you could talk with them. They may be able to make recommendations. business@1password.com would be the best way to talk with one of the team.

This discussion has been closed.