1Password 8 Edit / Rearrange

B0neDaddy
B0neDaddy
Community Member

When editing an entry, 1Password 7 allowed me to rearrange the fields. No such ability seems to exist in 1Password 8. All I can do is add and delete, and I better add them in the order I want, because there's no changing it. Also frustrating if you realize you need a new section for recently added entries, but there's no way to get them there without deleting and re-adding. Also frustrating that you cannot move entire sections around.

I've been writing software professionally for nearly 30 years, and I get that from a development and support perspective, you want to get a new foundational release out there as soon as possible. However, when you have a product with a much history as 1Password, you cannot forgo basic quality of life features. Some of the lacking features in iPassword 8 (this one, and the inability to set auto-lock somewhere between 8 hours and Never) will keep me using v7 on all of my other devices for the near term.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @B0neDaddy

While not ideal, you could possibly use 7 to rearrange the fields and then use 8 as the daily driver. We've got a feature request for rearranging the field in 8 and I've gone ahead and added you to that request. You might not need to do this often so it's possible you may not have to switch that often. I haven't seen many folks look for an option between 8 hours and never. However I am sure there are folks like yourself. Perhaps its you're working a longer day for example. Could you share a use case with me? I'd love to add it for the teams review.

Thanks,

ref: IDEA-I-372

• @B0neDaddy

Found the details in your other comment. Thanks for that. I appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.