1Password asks for password after restart although a fingerprint device set up

Fotis
Fotis
Community Member

Dear all,

I am using 1Password with a macOS laptop and I really like my experience.
Recently, I bought a fingerprint USB device to use in Windows 10, to avoid entering my log secure password.
However, every time I restart/shut down my PC, 1Password is asking for the password instead of using the Windows Hello Fingerprint device.
Any idea how am I going to fix it?

Regards,
Fotis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password asks for password after restart although a fingerprint device set up

Comments

• Hi @Fotis,

Thank you for reaching out.

With Windows Hello enabled, it's expected that you'll still need to enter your account password at certain times - such as after rebooting your computer or restarting the application.

To unlock with Windows Hello without entering your password after you quit 1Password or restart your PC, you can use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello:

In 1Password for Windows (desktop app):

1. Go to Settings > Advanced.
    2. Select "Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello", then click Turn On.

To use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello, you may need to turn on TPM 2.0. If you still can't use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello after turning on TPM 2.0, let us know and we can investigate further.

Let me know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.