How can I import my passwords from Keeper to 1 Password? [Solved]

mwolfson
mwolfson
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

Using 1Password 7. I've exported my Keeper files into CSV format, but I get an error message from 1P that it won't work. Do I need to reformat the csv files? Is there some sort of app/converter that will do this?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:import data to 1 password from Keeper

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2022

@mwolfson

You can use the keeper converter in the converter suite. Follow the directions in the post, and the README included in the package.

If you are using Keeper version 16, you'll want to export as JSON, not CSV. The README explains all the details and caveats.

When you convert, since you are using 1Password 7, you want to generate a 1PIF, so be sure to include the command line option --to_format 1pif.

Ask here if you need more help.

FYI: there is a sample conversion shown in the Extra Help > Examples > Keeper folder at the download site.

• mwolfson
    mwolfson
    Community Member

When I try to place the converter on my desktop, I get an error: (screenshot below)

What do I do now? Thanks.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2022

@mwolfson

You should just drag the unzipped folder mrc-converter-suite directly to your Deskop.

Depending on the browser you used, the .zip archive may or may not have been expanded for you. Check your Downloads folder to find it. It may still be inside another folder.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2022

@mwolfson

Watch the video macOSConvertHelper - NordPass.mp4 here - it will show you what to do. But you'll pick the keeper converter, and your import into 1Password 7 is different than the video shows (for version 8).

• mwolfson
    mwolfson
    Community Member

Thanks, that worked!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Outstanding @mwolfson.

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.