Just upgraded from v6 to v7 and can't find "top pane" view

Tom_FL
Tom_FL
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

I'm looking for my old view that I've been using since 2011 when I first purchased 1Password. It has the list on top, and info on the bottom, with a left sidebar for vaults/tags/folders. This 3 column view is maddening. I've looked in settings, Window, and View but can't find anything resembling any kind of user view customization.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pane

Comments

• @Tom_FL

That view has long past, I'm sorry to say. Some of us were fans of it. The 3 column is the only view available.

I would highly encourage you to update macOS when you can.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, - Update your Apple Watch

• Tom_FL
    Tom_FL
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thanks for breaking the bad news gently. That's disappointing to hear, and not something I expected from AgileBits, a company who, in the past, has been so focused on user experience.

Simple follow-up question for 1Password: Why? Did it pose a legitimate security issue? Or was it just to save a few hours of dev time?

I ask because, as a UX professional, I can't think of a single instance in digital history where removing a user preference resulted in something positive for the company behind it. Removing a feature? Sure - if it's buggy, costly, or has a low adoption rate. But screen layouts / views aren't features - they're preferences. And those particular preferences improve product accessibility.

• @Tom_FL

I don't recall when it happened but it has been some time. Truth be told the majority of the users prefer the 3 pane layout. There are a scant few of us who used that layout. I did but even I would tend to gravitate to the 3 pane. It's stuck with me so long now that I recall the other in the back of my mind and from photos. I think the last time I used it was 1Password 2 or early into 3.

This discussion has been closed.