Auto fill random selection of chars from a secret

Options
cogarooni
cogarooni
Community Member

Hi several of my financial service co’s ask for username, password and then a selection of several characters from either a secret word/pass phrase or in one case a 2 dimensional matrix. So I would have a a box to enter say char 3, then another with char 5 etc. I can obviously generate a secure secret using 1Password. I have however been unable to find how I can get 1Password to auto fill the individual char boxes either in support or in the community.

Help much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cogarooni, thanks for your question!

Filling specific characters from a password or secret phrase is not possible. From my understanding there are some technical challenges that would make this difficult. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I’ve shared your interest in such a feature with our product team for their consideration.

With 1Password 8 apps most item fields can be viewed in large type with each character numbered similar to my example below:

With 1Password 8 mobile apps you can also pin fields to the Home tab and set the default action to Show in Large Type for quick access to this information. I understand these options are not quite what you're looking for but I hope they can be helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-252

• cogarooni
    cogarooni
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your very helpful reply. Let's hope your team can solve it in the not too distant future. Anyway having used 1password for about 6 months now, I can't understand why it took me so long to adopt it - great solution from my perspective.

• Hi @cogarooni

We're really glad to hear you find 1Password as a great solution.

We hope you continue you enjoy using 1Password. 😀

This discussion has been closed.