How do I delete a login in the new version?

MERVIEW
MERVIEW
Community Member

How do i delete a login in the newest version? I used to edit and go to the bottom. there was a delete button. Where is it now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I delete a login in the new version?

Comments

• Kirkvan
    Kirkvan
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

I see a "Delete Item" in the Edit menu. I believe you can also use Command - Delete. It doesn't appear you can delete an item while in Edit mode. That seems an oversight...

• MERVIEW
    MERVIEW
    Community Member

Hi, I'm not following your response "I see a Delete Item in the Edit menu...... it doesn't appear you can delete an item in the Edit mode".
    I do not see a delete Item anywhere.

• @MERVIEW

If you click the ⋮ three-dot menu at the top-right of the item, you'll see Delete, like this:

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• benhf
    benhf
    Community Member

I have the same issue and only three menu options from the 3 dots (Open in new window, Add to Favorites, Copy Private Link)... is this an admin/permissions thing??

• @benhf – It could well be, yes. If the item is in a vault that you didn't create, it's quite possible that you don't have permissions to delete it. For example, I share vaults with my team, and some of them are read-only to me. It might well be the same for you.

If you use 1Password at work, check with your administrator (probably through IT) to see if you should have permission to make changes to that item. If you're using 1Password Families, ask a Family Organizer.

You'll always be able to delete items in your Private or Personal vault, so double-check that you can do that to help work out where the problem is.

Hope that helps!

• benhf
    benhf
    Community Member

Yep I can see the delete command in my personal vault entries... permissions must be it. This answer should also help the other user. Thanks @GreyM1P

• @benhf

I'm happy that Grey was able to help. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.