(Android) Autofill window cut off when in tablet mode

Options
stt7
stt7
Community Member

Autofill window (in browser and third-party apps) for 1Password is cut off to a degree that the text field for the master password is not visible, especially in Portrait. This wasn't a problem on 1Password 7; plus, it had a fallback IME keyboard which helped in cases like this. Running 1Password 8 in Tablet mode on Galaxy Fold4.

Comments

• Hi @stt7, thanks for letting us know about this issue on your device.

When unlocking 1Password through an Autofill prompt, do you see a screen similar to my example below?

If so, I am able to reproduce this issue with the production version but it looks like we have a fix out in the beta. If you're interested in joining the beta, you can find steps to update in this guide:

If you're not interested in joining the beta or the issue persists, rotating to landscape can serve as a workaround as you mentioned. Additionally, after selecting an Autofill suggestion, the lock screen's password field should be focused so you can try typing in your account password and tapping enter on your keyboard. You can also extend the Auto-Lock on Exit interval then unlock 1Password through the app directly rather than through the Autofill prompts.

If there's anything else we can help with at this time, just let us know! Thanks again.

ref: dev/core/core#15940

• kylelambert
    kylelambert
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add more data here since it seems like that fix hasn't made it out of beta yet, @ag_timothy your screenshot is exactly right. Dragging another app to the side to snap the window to half-width fixes it, and the login screen in the 1Password app proper works in both orientations. I can provide images too if they'd be helpful.

Thanks for helping with this!

• Hi @kylelambert, thanks for sharing the additional workaround. It looks like I can reproduce that as well so I shouldn't need the screenshots but I really appreciate the offer! Hopefully we'll be seeing the next production release in the not-so-distant future to get this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.