Need help import from Bitwarden [Solved]

Reiii
Reiii
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Windows

Hello guys,

I have been using Bitwarden for about 2 years and now I want to try out 1Password, but I have trouble when importing the converted 1pux files.

It keep saying "Import Failed. Please make sure your internet is connected and try again."

For the past 2 days I've been trying this on multiple machines and restarting the machines / routers / using different wifi connection.

I have basic programming background that I have no problem following more technical instructions if needed.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Hello,
    I also had your problem trying to import from 1Password on the computer.
    Try importing from your 1Password account.
    In your account, click on its name on the right above > Import.
    It's a bit more complicated but it worked for me (it wasn't from Bitwarden).

• Reiii
    Reiii
    Community Member

Hi!
    Do you mean using the web vault csv method?
    Yeah, they do work, but the fields are mostly messed up and need a lots of manual cleanup.
    Since I have about 300 entries, I'm looking for a more efficient method to import them

For some reason they didn't import Identities and Cards as well

• Hello @Reiii

Can you confirm if you have tried the method in this guide: Move your data into your account on 1Password.com?

If not, let me know how that works out for you.

• Reiii
    Reiii
    Community Member

Hi @jermaine.f_1p !

Yes, the csv importing method does work, albeit it messed up a lots of fields, most importantly the URLs, making those entries unusable without manually cleaning up. 1Password browser extension also doesn't offer to fill details when I manually searched it up.

I heard MRC converters can makes transitioning easier, but I have totally no luck with it.

Is there anything else I can do to make importing easier? Would make my day for not needing to edit the entries one-by-one

Thanks!

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

@Reiii,
    When importing, you can select only the fields you want to keep.
    As wrote @jermaine.f_1pn look here https://support.1password.com/import-1password-com/
    Level 3 will interest you

• Reiii
    Reiii
    Community Member

Yes @Ekalb , I've done that.

What I mean is that, the URL field became one-lined "https://accounts.google.com,androidapp://com.google.android.gms" instead of 3 separate URLs, which the former is unusable without manually editing them, for each and every logins that have multiple URLs.

I hope this clears up the confusion!

• Hi @Reiii,

Thanks for your reply and providing those details about the URLs. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles.

I wanted to make note here that @ MrC has replied in another thread that I split off from another comment from a different discussion, feature: reorder fields within a section.

Could you have a look and provide more details there? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.