Recently I find that, when logging into a website, I'm not invited to touch ID

Options
Moorlander
Moorlander
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently I find that, when logging into a website, I'm not invited to touch ID.
Instead a small window pops up asking me for 1PW password every time. I've checked prefs are set to use touch ID.
It used to put a small window up inviting me to use touch ID which would then make passwords available adjacent to the awaiting password field on the webpage.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 80907007
OS Version: macos 12.6
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:asking for password all the time on mac

Comments

• @Moorlander

I would suggest heading over to System Preferences > Touch ID: Uncheck/disable the box for Unlocking your Mac and then enable it. You will need to enter your macOS user password in the authentication prompt. Follow that with checking 1Password to make sure Touch ID is enabled within the app. 1Password > Preferences > Security. Give that a try and let us know how you fare?

Also in Safari toolbar right-click on the 1Password icon select settings. Make sure integrate with the app is enabled in the General section.

Can you confirm you're using 1Password in the browser? In your details you listed 8.9.7 however 1Password in the browser is number 2.3.8 for Safari. If you're not using 1Password in the browser, you would want to install 1Password in Safari on your Mac for use with 1Password 8. Please open it at least once and follow the directions being sure to all it access to all sites. We need that permission to read (save details), write (fill details) on your behalf.

• Moorlander
    Moorlander
    Community Member
    Options

thanks ag_tommy

I'll follow your advice and let you know

• On behalf of Tommy, you're most welcome.

Let us know if we can further assist!

This discussion has been closed.