Browser

Options
Beavis97
Beavis97
Community Member

Any plans to bring in the built in browser in the app like 1Password 7 has?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @Beavis97

The browser that's built into 1Password for iOS had been around for a very long time, and with developments since then, it's not needed any more. When it was introduced, there was no easy way for 1Password to autofill your information into websites, so we had to include a browser in 1Password itself to patch this gap. This also had the unfortunate side effect of making 1Password a "17+" rating in the App Store.

Nowadays, with 1Password in Safari, and iOS's Password AutoFill system (for which 1Password can provide the data), these both work much more reliably. We heard many reports of websites not working properly with the built-in browser, and it added a layer of complexity that didn't provide any benefit any more. It's been removed in 1Password 8 for this reason.

You'll find that browsing the web with 1Password for Safari is a far better experience. There are instructions on how to turn it on, along with more information about how to use it here:

Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

For other browsers, you can use iOS's built-in Password AutoFill system, using 1Password to provide the information required:

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.