1Password8 is much slower than 1Password7 on my Apple MacBook Air M2. What do I need to change?

StefanHHH
StefanHHH
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

The slow speed applies to both 1Password8 and the 1Password8 Safari Extension, almost unusable. I liked all versions before very much. What do I need to change to make 1Password8 work properly? Or has 1Password8 generally a speed problem? Should I return to 1Password7?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Speed problem 1Password8

Comments

• Hey there @StefanHHH

That doesn't sound right at all. Even on my M1 MacBook Air, 1Password 8 responds just as quickly as 1Password 7 – quicker, in some cases.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so that we can look into this with you:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Do not post your diagnostics report here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! :)

— Grey

• StefanHHH
    StefanHHH
    Community Member

[#GCR-25357-427] First file w/o Safari Extension activated, second file w/ Safari Extension activated. Thanks for helping me!

• @StefanHHH

We've got it! It's with the right team, so they'll reply to your email as soon as they can. :)

• phirenze
    phirenze
    Community Member

I have the same problem. It takes so long to unlock 1P on my Mac using TouchID that I often forgo using 1P and manually input my credentials. If I remember them. Then after unlocking it also takes an extended period of time (5-10 secs) to offer the suggested logins. This new version has been a disaster.

• @phirenze – If you haven't already, could you send a diagnostics report using the instructions above? If you have, could you let me know the conversation number (in the form [#ABC-12345-123])? I'll track it down and make sure it ends up in the right place.

This discussion has been closed.