$SSH_AUTH_SOCK has an incorrect value

Options
tred27
tred27
Community Member

I've been dealing with random hangs when using git, more so using git pull for some reason, after checking the $SSH_AUTH_SOCK variable it was set back to /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.xxxxxxxx/Listeners, had to manually unset the variable so that it changed the value to ~/.1password/agent.sock and that fixes the issue.

I'm using Fish as my shell if that matters, but this is something that I frequently have to fix, and it's my only annoyance with the SSH agent.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @tred27:

Great question! This is macOS's default SSH agent that's configured every time a session launches. Your best bet would to configure SSH_AUTH_SOCK in your config.fish file so that it's set every time Fish launches. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• tred27
    tred27
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P, sadly I have done that already, it's been there for a while, and it's still getting replaced, so it's something else that's changing it somehow.

• floris_1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

If you're only using the 1Password agent, you can also consider to configure SSH_AUTH_SOCK globally.

This will create a symlink on macOS startup from whatever the SSH_AUTH_SOCK value is to the 1Password agent socket.

• tred27
    tred27
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, that's wonderful, thank you, @floris_1P, this should sole the issue.

This discussion has been closed.