Browser extension stopped working

Options

I am able to open 1Password in my browser screen by going thru the 1password website and Signin. However, when I try to use the browser extension it does not accept my master password. This is happening on both my Windows 10 computer and my Linux machine. Both are running Firefox. I have been using the extension with no problems for a very long time. I recently changed my master password and after this it has stopped working.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7.9.832
OS Version: Win 10
Browser:_ Firefox 105.0.2

Comments

• AngeP
    AngeP
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox is now 105.0.3 which is the latest version. However, it still does not work.

• Hey @AngeP,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having.

After changing your Account Password you may need to sign in with your old password first in order to give it a chance to sync. Can you give this a try and let me know how you get on?

• AngeP
    AngeP
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I had done this and it started working then stopped and neither passwords (old and new) worked, then it started doing wierd stuff. I eventually logged in to the desktop app and it synced and seemed to fix the browser extension. So it works now thanks.

Also, it would be nice to have an option that tells you if you have failed log in attempts to your 1Password account with your master password - so you can see if anyone has tried to get into your account. Not sure if this is even possible.

This discussion has been closed.