No auto fill when Upgraded to 1 PW 8

Options
tomcat111
tomcat111
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Even with prior version 7 my auto fill was hit or miss. Now with a lot of frustration with the new version I have to copy and paste my password

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Mac 12.6
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:No auto fill when Upgraded to 1 PW 8

Comments

• @tomcat111

Can you confirm that you have opened 1Password for Safari at least once and followed the directions being sure to allow it access to all sites? We need that permission to read (save details), write (fill details) on your behalf. Do all of your logins have URL's associated with them?

1Password in Safari on your Mac

If the above is true, have you tried saving a new login for one of the problematic sites? Save a login manually in your browser

• tomcat111
    tomcat111
    Community Member
    Options

Even with prior version 7 my auto fill was hit or miss. Now with a lot of frustration with the new version I have to copy and paste my password.

• tomcat111
    tomcat111
    Community Member
    Options

I have opened 1 PW for Safari; Access to all sites. All have URL's. When I select, for example American Express, The amex site comes up but I must click on sign in and then after it loads my options I again must click on the user name then the password fills and log in occurs. In other words I have to make 3 selections to get log in.

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, I have a few sites where the autofill doesn't work in Safari. I click on the 1password icon in the username field on a webpage, nothing happens. I click on the 1password icon in the toolbar, and find the site/autofill, nothing happens. This 1Password 8 rollout has been a sh|t show to say the least......

• Mick Ring
    Mick Ring
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having much trouble with this. In previous versions, I could use the autofill shortcut but all that does is popup a search window.

This discussion has been closed.