Link to address list (dream...)

Options
iherman
iherman
Community Member

I guess this is just a dream, but who knows...

Would it be possible to extend 1Password to link to an item in a separate application? Specifically, what I would love to see is a link from my 1Password item (say, a login and other confidential info on XYZ Ltd.) to the phone and address data for XYZ Ltd. in my official Apple Address list. It would make a bunch of operation simpler...

Obviously, not of a high priority item. But I thought I would raise it anyway...

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @iherman ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Thanks for taking the time to share this idea, I think it's a great one! I was pondering something similar recently when I was looking for a friend's address. I ended up creating Identity items for some key information but I recognize that's not a practical solution for an entire contact list.

I'll add a feature request for this and cast a vote on your behalf, let me know if you have any questions or additional feedback, thanks again! ๐Ÿ˜Š

ref: IDEA-I-2109

• iherman
    iherman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @andrew.l_1P. I recognize it may not a very urgent feature compared to others, but it is really a good to have!

Thanks for all your work.

• Never hurts to explore fresh, new ideas! Thanks again for the suggestion and have a great day. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2022
    Options

@iherman

You can do something what you want in a more versatile way using the Cardhop app.

You'd add the info to 1Password that you want to use as the lookup. Then you can right click the text, select Services > Send to Cardhop. Cardhop has smart parsing, so it will conveniently find a contact by name, phone number, email, or anything else you've selected if it is in the contact. And Cardhop can use your Mac's contacts data, so its a drop in smarter add-on or replacement.

This will also work on an iDevice.

This discussion has been closed.