Feature Request: 1Password icon on password suggestion popup

Options

Hello!
When I go to sign up for a new service and I have to enter a new password, I get the following popup:

But, I get confused; "is this from Google's password manager, or Safari's?"

"Oh, wait I'm in Chrome (Safari is out), but that icon?? Is that coming from 1Password, or is it from someplace else?" I click on the 1Password icon in the form field, the suggestion disappears. I click again and it reappears. Ok, that must be coming from 1Password. It would be nice that the icon reflected that so I'm not left guessing.

And, what happened to the password suggestions that could be tweaked with a slider, readable, etc?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.7 (80907017)
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jacoblyles,

Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion of adding the 1Password icon to this popup to better help determine the source of the popup. I've passed this feature request along to the team for consideration.

And, what happened to the password suggestions that could be tweaked with a slider, readable, etc?

It sounds like you are referring to the password generator preferences. These settings can be adjusted through 1Password in the browser by following the guide here to create a custom password.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, just let us know!

ref: IDEA-I-2072

This discussion has been closed.