Wrong date format in attributes created and modified

Options
justmrsimon
justmrsimon
Community Member

I've just noticed this issue in both Windows and Linux apps, that it's not using the date format from the OS.
I want to be cheeky and mock you for using a calendar that goes up to the 31st month, whereas my calendar only has 12 months.

But seriously, why is it only displaying in US date format?
I can whinge about how confusing mm/dd/yyyy is, but ultimately it should just follow OS preferences and display in whatever format someone has set there.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly this problem is known for many months but AgileBits doesn't seem to care about all non US users.

• Hello again @justmrsimon,

Thanks for your comment here about date formats and using the OS' preferences as set. As of 1Password version 8.7.1, we've made some improvements, specifically to item date fields. They are now in the format you’ve chosen in your operating system’s settings.

We're continuing to make improvements in places where dates do not match your operating system’s settings such as modified and created dates as depicted here:

I've included your details in the issue the development team is currently tracking. We appreciate your feedback!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• justmrsimon
    justmrsimon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike!
    This one is a pretty big issue for me, particularly when doing checking for last updates on my accounts.
    When the day of the month is 12 over lower, I would never think it might be mm/dd/yyyy.

As per your screenshot, I immediately see 10th of June, even though the 9th of Twenty-two-vember is right underneath it.

Working in IT myself, date formats defaulting to US in software from US-based companies is incredibly triggering.
    I've witnessed and been part of many a conversation that have taken much longer than needed, or in worst case scenario, incorrect decisions are made because of misleading data being shown.

• Hello again @justmrsimon,

Thanks for your additional feedback. We understand that the date format not matching the OS settings can cause problems. While I don't have a time frame to share for this fix, please know that the team is continuing to look into this.

Please keep watch for updates in our release notes for feature updates and fixes like this.

Have a great day!

• theBorgsNet
    theBorgsNet
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d any eta for this fix to production channel?

• Hello again @theBorgsNet,

I can confirm that this issue is being investigated by the team, but I'm unable to provide an ETA. I recommend that keep an eye on the beta section of the release notes. Once fixes like this hit the beta channel, you can usually count on those updates to appearing in a subsequent production release. Thanks for your patience!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

This discussion has been closed.