Desktop app not syncing to cloud or other platforms

Options
epluribusunix
epluribusunix
Community Member

I'm using 1Password for Windows (version 8.9.5) and changes I make in the desktop app, in any repository, are not syncing to the cloud.

I've tried moving items between repositories, archiving-then-unarchiving them, and creating new items - nothing seems to trigger a refresh/sync. The main problem is that I'm not sure how long it's been going on (days? weeks?) or how many items are affected (I have LOTS).

Changes made on other devices (browser, iPhone, Mac, etc.) all sync as expected.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @epluribusunix

Thank you for letting us know about this potential sync issue you’ve encountered. Happy to get this sorted for you.

To begin, I’ll ask you to send us some diagnostics from the Windows device where you’ve noticed these unsynced items. This can help us narrow down the cause of the issue and speed your time to resolution.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)
    Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to: support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Jermaine

• epluribusunix
    epluribusunix
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @jermaine.f_1p

Here's the support code: #SJJ-83314-897

-- Kerry

• Hi @epluribusunix, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there 😄
    ref: SJJ-83314-897

• epluribusunix
    epluribusunix
    Community Member
    Options

To close this out - disabling the MFA was the key. It didn't work immediately - I ended up rebooting, but I'm not sure if it was cookies or timing that solved it. Either way, the desktop app sync'd back to the service and I re-enabled MFA, added new items, and verified the sync was working.

Thanks for your help!

• Hello @epluribusunix

Your most welcome.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved 😄

Have a lovely weekend

Jermaine

• swaas
    swaas
    Community Member
    Options

When I create a new item on my iphone, it does not appear when I log into my account on my desktop. (If I do the opposite it works fine). So at present I have several recently added items that I can only get on my phone. Would appreciate suggestions..

• Hey @swaas, thanks for reaching out. We'll be happy to investigate this issue further for you:

1. When you sign in to your account on 1Password.com, do you see a complete and up-to-date set of your data there?
    2. Do you have any standalone vaults? If you're not sure about this, check if you have a vault named Primary on any of your devices.
    3. To help us work out where the issue lies, could you try creating a new item on each device and let me know if either or both of the items appear on 1Password.com?

This will confirm whether the cause of the issue is your desktop or iPhone, at which point we can proceed with some additional troubleshooting steps. Looking forward to your reply!

Ali

• swaas
    swaas
    Community Member
    Options
    1. No it is missing items I added on my phone.
    2. I do not see any vaults named Primary
    3. Item created on phone does not appear on 1password.com but item created on 1password.com DOES appear on phone

Thanks, and look forward to suggestions

• Hello @swaas,

Thanks for getting back to us with these details. Since these details seem to point to issues with 1Password for iOS syncing those items created there, out to 1Password.com, I'd like to ask for some more details so we can pass this along to the team for investigation. Could you create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.