2 Macs, identical OS version, both M1, updates? both ok, BUT DIFFERENT! 7.9.6. and 8.9.4.???

Options
HeinzGu
HeinzGu
Community Member

Why is one of the macs not updating to the latest version? Both machines behave normal.

1Password Version: 7.9.6. and 8.9.4.
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 both
OS Version: both 12.6
Browser:_ Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Referrer: forum-search:2 Macs, identical OS version, both M1, updates? both ok, BUT DIFFERENT! 7.9.6. and 8.9.4???

Comments

• Hey there @HeinzGu

1Password 8 is a whole new product, so 1Password 7 won't automatically update to it. You can find out how to upgrade from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 here:

Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• HeinzGu
    HeinzGu
    Community Member
    Options

Hey GreyM1P, big thanks for the idea, will check that tomorrow. And then will come back to you. Best, Heinz

• @HeinzGu – You're very welcome. If you run into any trouble, let me know. :)

• HeinzGu
    HeinzGu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again: I was an idiot not becoming aware about the totally reconstructed software 1Password ( version 8). Now downloaded, it works like a charm and seems to sync. Will check that with more time.

All the best,
    Heinz

• @HeinzGu – That's great news! Try things out and see how it goes, and if you have any questions at any time, you can ask us here, or via email at support@1password.com. :)

This discussion has been closed.