How to export al MY files to csv

Maarten88
Maarten88
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to export all my passwords to a csv file and back them up on my own server.
It is very confusing to find the export button. Please help me.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Maarten88

If your aim is a backup, then your best choice is to export as 1PUX.

Still, 1Password makes backups of your data, and you'll have a local cache on your system(s).

• Maarten88
    Maarten88
    Community Member

Hello,
    I understand, but i want to back it up, just to be sure. How ever i can't find the: "Choose File > Export and select the account you want to export." option in my 1 password. Somebody let me know where to find this option..

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Maarten88

The 1Password 8 CSV export is very limited, so you won't be getting a backup. That's why I suggested the 1PUX, which is comprensive.

You should be able to select on of your accounts and use File > Export, select your account from the list, and then a dialog appears:

• @Maarten88

I wanted to follow up here to check if MrC's instructions helped and if you had any other questions. 🙂

-Dave

• Maarten88
    Maarten88
    Community Member

Yes. Thank you. My password was fullscreen and so couldn’t find the export button. Is it possible to convert notes to passwords?

• @Maarten88 – You can't convert a field from one type to another. Instead, you'll need to add a new field, and cut and paste from the old one, then delete the old field. We do have a feature request for converting fields, so I've added your vote to that.

ref: IDEA-I-530

This discussion has been closed.