iPadOS 16.1 Watchtower crash

hawkmothhawkmoth
Community Member

I upgraded my iPad to iPadOS 16.1 today. After I did this, I checked Watchtower. The scores and categories appeared as usual, but when I taped to see details, 1Password crashed back to the iPad home screen. After the crash, 1Password would not restart - it crashed immediately when I attempted to bring up again. Resetting the iPad does not resolve this issue. I can only begin to use 1Password again on my iPad if I uninstall the app and download a fresh copy. I do not experience this on my iPhone, which is running iOS 16.1 too.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrCMrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I've been getting crashes if I launch 1Password and then immediately hit the Search button in the sidebar. If I select other items first, and then come to Search, it usually works.

I also get the Watchtower crash when I click Show Items.

The crashes were happening for me prior to 16.1 also.

• hawkmothhawkmoth
    Community Member

I honestly can't say whether the crashes only began for me today. I only discovered them after updating the iPadOS. They may have been happening before, but I didn't discover them because I seldom consult the Watchtower statistics.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member
    edited October 26

Hello @hawkmoth and @MrC,

Thanks both, for reporting this crashing behaviour. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles and would like to investigate further.

Could you please create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#18214

• more_cowbellmore_cowbell
    Community Member

Crashing here too.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing troubles, @more_cowbell.

Could you send a diagnostics report to us at [email protected] and include the details below?

Then add the Support ID number in reply here once received.

• mscxmscx
    Community Member
    edited October 25

Same here…

Support ID: [#UNB-24977-583]

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

@mscx

Thank you for the Support ID. One of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 🙂

ref: UNB-24977-583

• hawkmothhawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 25

BitBot must be taking it easy today. Took a couple of hours for this to show up.

Support ID: [#IBT-89792-372]

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Thanks, @hawkmoth. It looks like we've got you!

ref: IBT-89792-372

• mrtnhndlmrtnhndl
    Community Member

Same here

Community Member

[#PNK-84524-821]

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Thanks for letting us know, @mrtnhndl. Sorry for the issues. The team is aware and looking into a resolution.

Could you follow suit and send a diagnostics report to us at [email protected] and include the details below?

Then add the Support ID number in reply here in the Community, once received.

ref: dev/core/core#18214

@more_cowbell - thank you. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: PNK-84524-821

• MrCMrC
    Volunteer Moderator

TWK-89354-861

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Thanks, @MrC!

ref: TWK-89354-861

• mrtnhndlmrtnhndl
    Community Member

VAZ-93461-295

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Thanks @mrtnhndl, one of my colleagues will reply via email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: VAZ-93461-295

• StanthewizzardStanthewizzard
    Community Member

Same here

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

@Stanthewizzard

I'm sorry to hear that you're affected by the same issue. The team is investigating and we hope to release a fix in a future update. I've added your report of the issue to our internal work item so that our developers are aware.

I recommend staying up to date so that you'll get the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• abinashkushwahaabinashkushwaha
    Community Member

Same problem for me

• sixbillshipssixbillships
    Community Member

1Password v.8.9.6 has been crashing on M1 iPad Air running iPadOS 16.1. It frequently crashes after tapping on “shared libraries “ in the app.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
    Extension Version: N/A
    OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
    Browser:_ N/A
    Referrer: forum-search:Crashing on iPadOS

• tortugonaltortugonal
    Community Member

Me too.

• peterbaylypeterbayly
    Community Member

Same for me

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

@abinashkushwaha and @peterbayly

I'm sorry that you're also affected by the issue, I've added your reports to the internal work item.

-Dave

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @sixbillships and @tortugonal! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing on your iPads. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS devices:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Community Member
    edited November 1

@Dave_1P Just a note that this watch tower crash issues were not addressed in 8.9.7 that was released today. Still crashing.

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member
    edited November 1

@more_cowbell

That's correct, our developers are still investigating this issue and a fix for this is not included in 8.9.7. We hope to release a fix in a future update. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience that the issue is causing.

-Dave

Community Member

@Dave_1P You guys need to start providing quicker fixes and releases as well as providing better timing on fixes. This is not acceptable for a subscription paid service. I for one will not stick around much longer if things do not improve.

• Craig1PCraig1P
    Community Member

I'm also unable to open 1Password on iPadOS 16.1. I upgraded from 15.7 to 16.1, skipped 16.0. Now unable to open 1Password, prompts for password/touch ID, then closes immediately, so unable to get diagnostics. I have emailed support.

Community Member

@Craig1P If I keep trying a few times it will finally open…just don’t touch watch tower again.

• Craig1PCraig1P
    Community Member

OK, I tried again, and it now opens. However I tried many (more than a 'few') earlier. I think something is running in background after it crashes that stops it running again. Eventually whatever is causing the crash times out and then allows you to use the App again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file