iOS/iPadOS Safari always prompts for password

Options
portauto
portauto
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

Hello, I'm running 1Password 8 on my iPhone 12 with iOS 16.1. The 1Password app works reliably good, and I never having issues unlocking with Face ID.

In Safari, if I use the native iOS Password fill to login to a site like Google, it reliably opens 1Password and fills the password. However if I try to use the Safari extension, I am prompted to manually enter my password every time.

I've tried rebooting my iPhone, reinstalling 1Password 8, re-enabling the Safari extension, and disabling Safari autofill, all with no luck. The problem was also persistent on the previous iOS 16 release. I'm experiencing the same issue on my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen, running iPadOS 16.1, so I'm wondering if this is a Safari setting somewhere that is getting in the way and is synchronizing across devices. This used to work just fine, and started prompting in the past month.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• tae_dc
    tae_dc
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

(removed comment - see it is already in multiple other threads)

• Hello @portauto and @tae_dc,

Thanks for your messages. We've temporarily disabled Touch ID and Face ID in the 1Password for Safari extension due to changes in iOS 16. You can stay up-to-date and read more about this subject here.

If you'd like to follow along there, I'll close this discussion to keep things tidy. 🧹

This discussion has been closed.