How to Autofill Identities?

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

In v7 of 1Password, when I'd happen upon a website that needed my identification (name, address, phone number, email address, etc.), I would be automatically prompted to autofill the page in Safari. Now with v8.9.4, I no longer get those prompts. In fact, when I bring up the Quick Access screen and enter my ID, I don't see an option for autofill. I have to manually copy each field. Not so fun. What am I missing or not doing, to have this done automatically?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @kappabear! 👋

In order to fill identity information you'll first need to install and enable 1Password for Safari:

Once 1Password for Safari is installed you can fill your identity information into a website by using this guide: Save and fill credit cards and addresses

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, the browser extension has been installed for quite some time ... several months. I wasn't aware that this was how to complete the auto fill. Thanks!

• @kappabear – On Dave's behalf, you're very welcome. :)

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, why is the "Autofill" option present when I click the 1Password icon in the Safari window, but no such option appears when I use the command-slash shortcut?

Ideally I'd get the same "autofill" option in both places, so that I don't have to remember to click the Safari icon (and NOT use the command-slash shortcut) when I'm presented with a web form that I want to autofill.

• Hey @coopr,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I totally agree in that this would be a valuable feature to make filling Identity items easier from Quick Access.

I have passed on your feedback to our product team, thanks for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password!

ref: PB-29748096

This discussion has been closed.