Password Generator 1 Password 8

Options
1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently installed 1PW 8 on Mac Version Ventura 13.0 Also added extension for Safari. Dp mat have a password generator and auto fill does not work. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @1NoahTN,

Can you start by letting me know if you see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

If so, here are the steps to access the Password Generator:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and enter you password to sign in if necessary
    2. Click on the round menu next to the search bar
    3. Select Password Generator.

As for autofill, can you describe the steps you are taking when you try to fill a login? Are you experiencing this trouble across all sites or is there a particular website that is problematic?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I followed your steps and I think I now have a Password Generator but I do not seem to be able to open the generator manually like in 1PW 7. Is the generator now an automatic function when a password is being assigned to a new login?
    Thanks

• Hey @1NoahTN,

When you visit a page to change your password you should see a suggested password prompt from 1Password appear beneath the field. You are right in that if you want to access the Password Generator you will need to manually follow the steps above.

I hope this answers your question.

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Something has changed. When I click on the 1PW icon in the Safari tool bar the options I have are: Open 1PW, Open Quick Access, Lock, Preferences, and Quit. If I Open 1PW there is no round circle next to Search. I cannot find anywhere to "Select Password Generator. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Thanks for getting back to me @1NoahTN.

It sounds like you may be clicking on the 1Password icon in the top menu bar of your Mac not the 1Password icon in your Safari browser toolbar. Can you let me know if you are able to see it in Safari next to the address bar?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

You are absolutely right. I do see it and when I check on it and open the menu I have found the password generator.
    Thank you so much.

• You are most welcome @1NoahTN.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

This discussion has been closed.