Is there a way to set a login to appear by default?

Options
tltltetd
tltltetd
Community Member

For example, I'd like my Apple account to appear as a 'suggested item' whenever I need to log into an Apple service on my iPhone/iPad (where there's no URL to suggest any item). I believe there used to be a way to do this using a blank URL like 'http://' as a website, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to always make my Apple account item come up as a suggested item, or something akin to that?

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: iOS 16.1/iPadOS 16.1/macOS Ventura
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:default

Comments

• Hi there @tltltetd

The short answer to this question is "no", with how things are right now – I'll explain why. The autofill pop-up that appears when you tap "🔑 Passwords" on the keyboard is "blind" to the app being used. It can only offer suggestions based on what iOS's own Password AutoFill system tells it. And iOS only knows what to tell 1Password if the developer of the app you're autofilling has set the Associated Domain properly (such as twitter.com in the Twitter app, for example).

We have had requests that your Favorites should be easily found in the autofill pop-up, so I'll add your vote to that. That way, if you set your Apple ID as a Favorite, that would allow you to find it no matter what app you were using. I should mention that this is only at the idea stage, and there's no guarantee about if or when that'd be introduced to 1Password, but the product team do review feature requests, so it's the best way to pass that feedback on. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

ref: IDEA-I-661

• tltltetd
    tltltetd
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, that’s perfect! That idea gets my vote! Thanks!

• @tltltetd – You're very welcome. Let us know if you need anything from us at any time. We'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.