Updated Master Password and now cannot log into MacOS app

kkingmd
kkingmd
Community Member

Hi,

My wife forgot her 1Password master password and we went through the account recovery process successfully (we're family subscribers). I can log into her 1PW via a browser, but no matter what I try, we cannot access her account through the 1PW app on MacOS. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled. I've tried to find all the system parts in the ~/Library, but cannot get it to work. For whatever reason, the app is not updating to the new, updated password. Help!

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @kkingmd! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that your wife isn't able to access her account using the 1Password app on her Mac. If your wife can see all of her items on 1Password.com in the browser then you can reset the 1Password app on her Mac to wipe it and then add her account back to the app so that it can download a healthy copy of her data from 1Password.com. Follow these steps:

1. Have her log in to her 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Verify that she can see all of her items in the browser. If there is anything missing then stop here and let me know.
    3. Download and save the Emergency Kit for her account: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    4. Reset 1Password for Mac: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device
    5. Add her 1Password account back to the 1Password for Mac app: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.